Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow...

There is just something about snow that I find magical.  I can remember being a child in Seattle and running to the window to see if the weatherman had got it right.  And when he did I would burst into Brennan's room to tell him the news!!  Because, isn't snow so much more fun when you have someone to share it with.  My brother Brennan and I would enjoy a hot breakfast before bundling up in our snow suits... then out we went for the day.  I can remember building snowmen with my dad, snowball fights with my brother, making snow cream.. and when we had a really great snow we would make forts with the neighbor kids. And then mom would have us come in for some hot chocolate.  I can remember the sharp contrast from cold to warmth when walking in the house.  You know what I am talking about... that cozy feeling you get as soon as you walk in. 

Now, I am all grown up.. and I still run to the window to see if the weatherman got it right :-) Mark thinks this is hilarious...  I guess I will always have an inner child that gets giddy over snow.  I come by this honestly....  If anyone has an inner child it's my dad.  They came over for dinner tonight and he told me that the first snowflake fell at 5:58 p.m.  Only my dad would know the exact time the first snowflake fell. There is a certain peace that snow brings to the soul.  I will leave you with some pictures from this winter :-) 







No comments:

Post a Comment